SUPER SAVINGS of about 50% OFF the new price with this professionally FULLY RECONDITIONED LH / Driver's Side Mercury Capri Window Regulator Assembly INCLUDING Mercury Capri Window Motor for JUST $299.97. This is an excellent price for this LH Mercury Capri RECONDITIONED Window Regulator Assembly / Mercury Capri Window Motor Assembly considering that many parts needed for reconditioning are obsolete, and we have to replace broken parts with CUSTOM made parts at considerable expense!!
Finally, I have heard that some people refer to this Mercury Capri Window Regulator as a "Window Winder" / Capri Window Regulator as a "Window Winder".
**Please note that the price reflected at the bottom of this Mercury Capri Window Regulator "Description" INCLUDES the refundable core deposit (**See detailed return criteria bellow) of $95.00. This means you're still paying just $299.99 ($394.99 - $95.00 refundable core deposit = $299.99. This assumes of course that you return your complete, NEWER STYLE, Window Regulator core for a full core deposit refund of $95.00 (SEE detailed Core Return Criteria Below)**. By purchasing a Window Regulator either online, or by phone, the Customer hereby acknowledges to have read and understand the core return criteria and thereby agrees to the Core Return Criteria outlined herein. There will be no exceptions to these polices.
For ease of identification, the original Ford part numbers (interchangeable) for this Mercury Capri Window Regulator - LEFT / LH DRIVER'S SIDE were: F4JY-7623201-A / F4JY7623201A / E9JY7623201A / E9JY-7623201-A, F2JY-7623201-A / F2JY-7623201-A.
Application - All Mercury Capri models including the XR2 turbo, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, Mercury Capri window regulator / mercury Capri window motor assembly: 1991 / 91 Mercury Capri window regulator / Mercury Capri window motor assembly - LH / driver's Side, 1992 / 92 Mercury Capri window regulator /Mercury Capri window motor assembly - LH / driver's Side, 1993 / 93 Mercury Capri window regulator / Mercury Capri window motor assembly - LH / driver's Side, 1994 / 94 Mercury Capri window regulator / Mercury Capri window motor assembly - LH / driver's Side
This Mercury Capri Window Regulator part is no longer available new from Ford and is considered obsolete. This Mercury Capri Window Regulator part is no longer available new from Ford and is an "obsolete" Ford part and as such "All Sales Are Final and "As Is". Finally, these Mercury Capri Window Regulators are in high demand, so our inventory levels fluctuate. Consequently based on supply and demand at any given time, coupled with the number of cores returned, there MAY be a slight delay in shipping from 5-10 business days following your order. **INSTALLATION DISCLAIMER: Prior to shipping, the plastic cable guide(s) that lead into each side of the Mercury Capri window regulator motor have been carefully inspected, and specially packed to ensure that they arrive undamaged. We are not responsible for breakage, or damage, to these Mercury Capri Window Regulator Assemblies during installation.
The Mercury Capri window regulator / capri window motor are one of the problematic electrical parts that were used in all the 1991-94' Mercury Capri Convertibles. The Capri Window regulator seems to have been one of the most often repaired or rebuilt parts. The Mercury Capri LH / driver's side window regulator fails at almost twice rate as the RH Capri Window regulator /motor. This is most likely due to the simple fact, that the driver uses the electric window allot more than the right. Hence, the more "wear and tear" on the LH Mercury Capri Window Regulator, the more it will wear out and fail.
Following is a brief history and technical overview describing the 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Mercury Capri Window Regulator which points to many reasons why these capri window regulators often needed to be repaired and/or reconditioned:
Initially Ford used a Window Regulator that comprised a motor which had two cables coming out of ONE side of the window regulator track, and the window motor itself typically had a brown or clear plastic "bag"/cover. We refer to this style of Mercury Capri Window Regulator as the "old style" or first generation capri window regulator assembly. Ford/ Mercury of Australia dropped this older style sometime during the 1991 model year probably due reliability issues The next window regulator assembly ford utilized is as pictured and is referred to by us as the Second Generation Capri Window Regulator. The newly designed Capri Window Regulator assembly was also cable driven, but was very different than the old style. It utilized a motor that had a cable coming out of each side of the motor which in turn fed into each side of the window regulator track. Although this later style Mercury capri window motor / window regulator was more reliable, it still seemed to also fail with eventual use. During the 1993 -1994 Mercury Capri model years, Ford made some revisions in this later style Mercury Capri window regulator and motor. In summary, the style itself did not change, but rather than using a ring clip on the motor shaft /cover, this Third Generation Window Regulator (as we refer to it), had the motor shaft "crushed" onto the window motor cover making repair / rebuilding much more difficult. In addition, Ford used a different cable end which fed into the window motor itself. The new cable ends were also plastic, but were not threaded. Thus they did not screw into each side of the Capri window motor. Instead it slid into the motor end. Consequently, the tension springs were different. Finally, this last version (Third Generation) Capri Window Regulator used a track that only had the ability to adjust the cable tension on just one side of the track whereas the second generation version could be adjusted at either end of the window regulator track. As a final note, these mercury Capri Window regulators are becoming more and more difficult to recondition. This is primarily due to the fact that replacement parts / components are no longer available. For example, the internal plastic spool, external cable guides, window regulator track, and the Mercury Capri Specific window regulator motor for this Mercury Capri Window regulator assembly are no longer available new from Ford. Therefore, the parts of this Mercury Capri Window regulator and Capri Window motor must be recycled. Thus, it may take 2-3 other Mercury Capri Window regulators to recondition just one replacement unit.
This Mercury Capri Window Regulator part is no longer available new from Ford and is considered obsolete and is a "special order item" based on supply and demand issues. Therefore, as a "special order" item, shipping may be delayed 3 -5 business days.
An additional 100% REFUNDABLE $95.00 "core" deposit will be added to your invoice total at the time you check-out or place a telephone order. It will promptly be REFUNDED upon receipt of your complete old/broken mercury capri RH window regulator / window motor assembly**; the buyer is responsible for paying all associated return shipping charges and cores must be returned within 30 days from the purchase date. Please see additional core return criteria below.
Application- All Mercury Capri models including the mercury capri XR2 turbo: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, window regulator, window motor, assembly, LH, LEFT, driver's side
Each Mercury Capri LH / driver's side mercury Capri window regulator / window motor has been "fully reconditioned" (NOT rebuilt/re-manufactured) in the following ways:
1) Broken Mercury Capri window regulator / Capri window motor cables and Mercury Capri window regulator / window motor guides have been replaced.
2) Each Mercury Capri window regulator / Capri window motor has been inspected externally, and window regulator / window motor broken parts have been replaced, and/or mended (when Mercury Capri window regulator / window motor replacement part is not available) as needed.
3) The Mercury Capri window regulator drive motors have been replaced if broken, and refinished help resist corrosion.
4) Missing and/or worn-out Mercury Capri window regulator / Capri window motor springs and /or Guides have been replaced and/or mended as needed.
5) Missing Mercury Capri window regulator / Capri window motor Spool Caps / Spool Covers have been replaced with a fabricated cover; these covers will not look like the original and may me somewhat cosmetically unpleasing. However, the Covers have full functionality, and will be unseen in the door frame after the Window Regulator is installed. Again, please remember all "Sales Are Final" & "As Is".
6) Each Mercury Capri window regulator / Capri window motor has been fully bench tested TWICE, and the window regulator / window motor cables and window regulator / window motor track have been cleaned and lubricated.
Thus, this mercury capri RH / passenger's side window regulator / window motor listed herein are still considered "used" per se.
*Please note that by clicking/selecting "buy one now" button via this web site, or ordering a by phone, you are hereby acknowledging/agreeing to these and all published store policies, as well, as the core return criteria/guidelines below:
(*)See "Store Policies": These mercury capri window regulators / window motor assemblies (LH / Driver's side) have been fully tested, inspected and in determined to be in full working order when shipped. However, please understand that these reconditioned window regulator / window motor assemblies are still "USED" per se. As such, they are unpredictable 16 + year old electrical/mechanical components, selling at huge discounts equating to approximately 50% off Ford's last list price when new. Consequently in accordance to stated our policies, there is no guaranty or warranty, whatsoever, on these used/reconditioned Mercury Capri window regulators / window motors. All sales are "as is " and final...no returns, refunds, exchanges, or credits.
Thus by "clicking on the "Add One To Basket" button, or by placing a telephone order, you are thereby acknowledging reading/ understanding and agreeing to the above stated (*) purchase polices, terms, and conditions for this Mercury Capri Window Regulator.
(**)MERCURY CAPRI WINDOW REGULATOR CORE RETURN GUIDELINES/CRITERIA:
The $95.00 core deposit is in addition to the price of the mercury capri window regulator. This $95.00 will be AUTOMATICALLY ADDED to your invoice at check-out and be reflected in the invoice total which will be charged at the time of processing your order. This core deposit will promptly be REFUNDED upon receipt of your (complete) old/broken mercury capri window regulator / window motor, as long as, it conforms to the following criteria/guidelines, and not the "exceptions".
1) If ANY parts are missing from the returned mercury capri window regulator / window motor rendering it incomplete, or the track is broken in any way, your deposit will NOT be refunded; THUS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RETURN THE COMPLETE OLD WINDOW REGULATOR WINDOW REGULATOR. A RETURNED window regulator / window motor IS CONSIDERED COMPLETE WHEN IT IS RETURNED WITH ALL ITS PARTS/COMPONENTS: Capri WINDOW MOTOR (Must be intact/not disassembled), window regulator / window motor "spool", window motor metal Spool Cover, window motor plastic cable guides, cable guides springs, cable guides associated plastic parts, black cable sheathing (short and/or long) and window motor track assembly must be unbroken and not disassembled in anyway; it must have intact window regulator track with window regulator track pulleys, and finally the window motor / window regulator wiring plug with window motor / window regulator wire "pig tale" must be returned. AGAIN, IF ANY OF THESE PARTS ARE MISSING, YOUR DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
2) Mercury Capri window regulator cores returned must be of the "NEWER STYLE", AS PICTURED & DESCRIBED ABOVE. Therefore, PLEASE ALSO NOTE: Mercury Capri Older style window motor / window regulators ARE NOT accepted: If you have a Mercury Capri Window Motor / Window Regulator Core of the older style with two cables coming out of ONE side of the window regulator track, and also typically has a plastic "bag"/cover over the typically brown colored window motor, this window motor / window regulator style does not have interchangeable parts & therefore is not acceptable as a return". Therefore, please understand that your deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, and thus will be forfeited if you return an Older Style Window Regulator Core as described herein; therefore, you need not return a window motor / window regulator of this earlier style. Thus, we only accept mercury capri window motors / mercury capri window regulators that are of the later style.
3) All cores must be returned (complete) within 30 days from the purchase date or the core deposit will be forfeited. ***Buyers/Customers are responsible for paying all shipping costs associated with returning the core. *Again, the buyer is responsible for paying all associated return shipping charges and cores must be returned within 30 days from the purchase date.
4) If a customer attempts to return a core fraudulently using our FEDEX account number to avoid paying said shipping charges ( i.e. fraudulently returning the core in the original box to FEDEX as "Refused" (FEDEX Decal on box), the core deposit, as well as the core itself, will be forfeited and this will be reported to FEDEX. Please refer to store policies regarding RETURNS of any kind. Special order items are non-cancellable, Electrical Parts are non-returnable and carry no warrantee or guarantee....."All Sales Are Final" / "As Is". Any and all returns must be pre-authorized and the customer must obtain a Return Authorization Number ("RAN").
5) **PLEASE NOTE: It is 100% Customer's responsibility to insure that the returned core is complete and meets all the criteria outline above. If these return criteria are not followed/observed, and you return a core after this 30 day period, and/or if it is returned "incomplete" and/or "ineligible" for a core refund for any other reason as listed above, we are NOT responsible, and will not, notify the customer of ineligibility, and the returned (ineligible) core itself is forfeited & will not be returned. Denied cores will not be returned to the customer nor will the return shipping costs be refunded.
Please browse the Modern Capri Parts catalog for all your 1991 mercury capri parts, 1992 mercury capri parts, 1993 mercury capri, and 1994 mercury capri parts needs